1st Franco-Thai Seminar on Phytocosmeceutical Research and Applications
Virtual meeting: instructions to connect are communicated upon registration.
The 1st Franco-Thai Seminar on Phytocosmeceutical Research and Applications brings together French and Thai researchers with common interests in natural botanical sourcing, phytochemistry, including green extraction and analytical methodologies, evaluation of biological activity and formulation, and interface disciplines applied to phytocosmeceutical research and applications. This is a unique opportunity to present, share, and discuss scientific results and scientific skills, while also stimulating cooperation between laboratories in both countries through the Le Studium actions (fellowship, experts' visits, Consortium networking meeting), the CosmetoSciences and Campus France Franco-Thai mobility programmes.
The meeting will be held online and will comprise nine plenary talks delivered by invited scientists from both countries, as well as a guest invited lecture from Japan.
Participation at the event is free of charge, but registration is compulsory. The registration deadline is 6 May, 2022 (Friday) 12:00.
This international conference is organised in the framework of the COSMETOSCIENCES ARD CVL Programme.
Wednesday, May 11th 2022 (08:40-13:50 pm ; GMT+2:00 - Paris)
- 8.40-8.55: French Embassy and Campus France in Thailand
- 8.55-9.10: CosmetoSciences, Cosmetic Valley
- 9.10-9.20: Mahidol University
- 9.20-9.30: Dr Bhanubong Bongcheewin (Head of Department of Pharmaceutical Botany, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University - TH) - The Mint family (Lamiaceae) in Thailand- A potential material source for phytocosmeceutical application
SESSION 1: Natural Sourcing (3 lectures of 15 min + 5 min questions)
- 9.30-9.50: Dr Duangjai Tungmunnithum (Le Studium Fellow, Cosmetosciences Programme ;Franco-Thai Mobility Programme 2020-2021; Department of Pharmaceutical Botany, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand) - Natural Plant Diversity: A Potential Source of Raw Materials for Phytocosmeceutical Research and Applications
- 9.50-10.10: Dr Arnaud Lanoue (BBV, University of Tours - FR) - Agricultural by-products valorization
- 10.10-10.30: Dr Aekkhaluck Intharuksa (Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Chiang Mai University - TH) - Phytochemical Analysis and Antioxidant, Antimicrobial, and Antiaging Activities of Ethanolic Seed Extracts of Four Mucuna Species
SESSION 2: Green Extraction & Analytical Methods (3 lectures of 15 min + 5 min questions)
- 10.30-10.50: Prof. Leslie Boudesocque-Delaye (SIMBA, University of Tours - FR) - Natural Deep Eutectic Solvents: fad or real opportunity?
- 10.50-11.10: Dr Ruhainee Tohkayomatee (Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Princess of Naradhiwas University, Narathiwat - TH) - Green extraction of Thai medicinal plants
- 11.10-11.30: Prof. Emilie Destandau (ICOA, CNRS, University of Orléans - FR) - Molecular network
SESSION 3: Formulation & Biological Activities (3 lectures of 15 min + 5 min questions)
- 11.30-11.50: Dr Varin Titapiwatanakun (Department of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok - TH) - Cocrystal engineering of oxyresveratrol
- 11.50-12.10: Dr Veerawat Teeranachaideekul (Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Bangkok - TH) - Transfersomes for topical delivery of herbal extracts
- 12.10-12.30: Dr Christophe Hano (LBLGC, INRAE, University of Orléans - FR) - New in vitro and cellular models for cosmetic applications
PLENARY LECTURE: (15 min lecture + 5 min questions)
- 12.30-12.50: Prof. Yohei Sasaki (Graduate school of Medical Sciences, Kanazawa University - JP) - Quality Evaluation of Rehmannia glutinosa by Morphological, Genetic and Chemical Study
General Discussion & Future plans
- Presentations of Franco-Thai Mobility Programme, Le Studium, Fellow
- Discussion, Exchanges and Share
- End: 13h50