Structural biology and biophysics of RNA-protein complexes
The International Conference entitled 'Structural biology and biophysics of RNA-protein complexes', jointly organised by LE STUDIUM Loire Valley Institute for Advanced Studies and the Centre for Molecular Biophysics - CNRS Orléans, will be held on the 13th-15th November 2017 in Orléans.
The diverse biological functions of RNA rest on the timely formation of elaborate molecular assemblies that often involve multiple protein components. Detailed knowledge of this complex molecular machinery is necessary for the deeper understanding of RNA metabolism and RNA-dependent mechanisms and for the development of rationally designed drugs against a variety of infectious and metabolic diseases. This Conference will approach the field of RNA-protein complexes from different angles, with an emphasis on structural approaches such as X-ray crystallography, NMR spectroscopy, cryo-electron microscopy, as well as single molecule imaging and nanomanipulation techniques. A number of international leaders at the cutting edge of research will be presenting their recent work.
Molecular motors, RNA-protein complexes, RNA metabolism, structural biology, X-ray crystallography, structure-function relationships, rational drug design, RNA helicases
- Dr Emmanuel Saridakis, LE STUDIUM RESEARCH FELLOW.
FROM: Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, National Centre for Scientific Research ‘DEMOKRITOS’, Athens, Greece.
IN RESIDENCE AT: Centre de Biophysique Moléculaire/CNRS - Orléans, France
- Dr Marc Boudvillain,
Aspects Moléculaires du Vivant, Centre de Biophysique Moléculaire/CNRS - Orléans, France
- Dr Stephen Cusack FRS, European Molecular Biology Laboratory – Grenoble – France (Keynote)
- Pr Ben Luisi, University of Cambridge – United Kingdom (Keynote)
- Pr Kiyoshi Nagai FRS, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge – United Kingdom (Keynote)
- Dr Fulvia Bono, Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology, Tuebingen - Germany
- Pr Achillefs Kapanidis, University of Oxford – United Kingdom
- Dr Bruno Klaholz, CNRS & IGBMC, Illkirch - France
- Dr Hervé Le Hir, CNRS & Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris - France
- Pr Nicolas Leulliot, Université Paris Descartes - France
- Dr Cameron Mackereth, INSERM & Institut Européen de Chimie et Biologie, Bordeaux - France
- Dr Emmanuel Margeat, CNRS & Centre de Biochimie Structurale, Montpellier - France
- Pr Ralf Seidel, University of Leipzig - Germany
- Pr Nuria Verdaguer Massana, Molecular Biology Institute of Barcelona - Spain
- Dr Marc Boudvillain
- Dr Bertrand Castaing
- Dr Hervé Le Hir
- Dr Emmanuel Margeat
- Dr Emmanuel Saridakis
Oral presentations & Posters
Abstracts on relevant topics are requested for oral and poster presentations. They are limited to 250 words and should be submitted during the registration.
A limited number of abstracts will be selected for oral presentations (20’). Deadline for Abstract submission is Monday 18th of September. Participants will be notified regarding acceptance of their abstracts by Monday 25th of September.
|Private institutions||250 EUR|
|Academic/public participants||180 EUR|
|Social dinner||60 EUR|