Gonadotropins in the Physiopathology: Current advances in the Mechanisms of Action
Virtual meeting: instructions to connect are communicated upon registration.
Human reproductive health and fertility is dependent on gonadotropins (FSH &LH), which act through their specific G protein-coupled receptors (GPCR) and regulate the reproductive functions. Gonadotropin hormone imbalance may contribute to the development of sub-fertility or infertility such as seen in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), the most common endocrinopathy and a threat to human reproduction. The usage of ART/IVF has increased all over the world to restore sub-fertility in young women.
With the emerging role of gonadotropins (FSH and LH), It is important to understand the mechanisms of gonadotropin signaling, especially for delineating the metabolic defects due to their imbalance (high LH:FSH ratio) in women with PCOS, menopause and gynaecological cancers. It is further imperative to increase the positive outcome of IVF protocols to deal with the sub-fertility in young women due to PCOS or other environmental factors.
This interdisciplinary conference will discuss the current challenges in the targeting of GPCRs and finding novel pathways to optimize not only reproduction but also metabolism, and to discuss their role as non-gonadal ligands.
- Gonadotropin Signaling
- G protein-coupled receptors
- Prof. Rita Singh, LE STUDIUM Visiting Researcher
FROM: University of Delhi - IN
IN RESIDENCE AT: Physiology of Reproduction and Behaviour (PRC) / Centre INRAe Val de Loire, CNRS, University of Tours, IFCE - FR
- Dr Pascale Crépieux, Dr Eric Reiter & Dr Frédéric Jean-Alphonse
Physiology of Reproduction and Behaviour (PRC) / Centre INRAe Val de Loire, CNRS, University of Tours, IFCE - FR
- Prof. George Bousfield, Wichita State University - USA
- Prof. Livio Casarini, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia - IT
- Dr Pascale Crépieux , Physiology of Reproduction and Behaviour (PRC) / Centre INRAe Val de Loire, CNRS, University of Tours, IFCE - FR
- Dr Joëlle Dupont, Department of Animal Physiology and Livestock Systems, Centre INRAe Val de Loire, CNRS, University of Tours - FR
- Prof. Stephen Franks, Imperial College London, UK
- Dr Aylin Hanyaloglu, Imperial College London - UK
- Prof. Rajendra Kumar, Anschutz Medical Campus - USA
- Prof. Rita Singh, University of Delhi - IN
- Prof. Jerome Strauss, University of Pennsylvania - USA
- Prof. Alfredo Ulloa Aguirre, National Autonomous University of Mexico - MX
Please download the template for oral presentation.