Novel host- and microbiota-directed strategies for treating respiratory infections
The conference will be replaced by a virtual meeting. The instructions to connect and join the meeting will be given upon registration.
Respiratory infections ranked 4 in the WHO 2016 list of “Top 10 causes of death worldwide”. There is an urgent need for improved treatment of respiratory infections, in view of the absence of affordable treatment, but also because of the absence of effective drugs for selected respiratory pathogens and the increase in microbial resistance to conventional antibiotic treatment.
Recent insight into host defense mechanisms against respiratory infections and the respiratory microbiota have opened up new avenues for novel treatment strategies.
The aim of this Le Studium Conference is to bring together experts from a variety of European countries to discuss the latest developments in the field, and to explore future opportunities for collaboration with the Horizon 2020 program or related EU programs.
This international conference is organised in the framework of the BIOPHARMACEUTICALS ARD 2020 Programme.
Prof. Pieter Hiemstra, LE STUDIUM RESEARCH PROFESSOR / ARD 2020 - BIOPHARMACEUTICALS Programme
FROM: Leiden University Medical Center - NL
IN RESIDENCE AT: Research Center for Respiratory Diseases (CEPR) / Inserm, University of Tours - FR
- Dr Antoine Guillon,
Research Center for Respiratory Diseases (CEPR) / Inserm, Intensive Care Unit CHRU, University of Tours - FR
- Dr Aurélie Crabbé, Ghent Universiy - BE
- Dr Raphaël Duivenvoorden, Radboud University Medical Center - NL
- Dr Rodrigo Guabiraba, ISP, Centre INRAE Val de Loire - FR
- Prof. Pieter Hiemstra, Research Center for Respiratory Diseases (CEPR) / Inserm, University of Tours - FR
- Dr Philippe Langella, MICALIS Institute, INRAE - FR
- Dr Markus Maeurer, Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown - PT
- Prof. Adrian Martineau, Queen Mary University of London - UK
- Prof. Kingston Mills, Trinity College Dublin - IE
- Dr Nadia Naffakh, Institut Pasteur - FR
- Dr Guido Santos, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen - DE
- Dr Mustapha Si-Tahar, Research Center for Respiratory Diseases (CEPR) / Inserm, University of Tours - FR
- Prof. Michael Surette, McMaster University - CA
- Dr Anne van der Does, Leiden University Medical Center - NL
- Prof. Viktor Volchkov, CIRI / Inserm, University of Lyon - FR