Acoustic bubbles in therapy: recent advances with medical microbubbles, clouds and harmonic antibubbles
LE STUDIUM Loire Valley Institute for Advanced Studies and Inserm Research unit U930: Imaging and Brain at François Rabelais University of Tours are organising an international conference on acoustic bubbles in therapy.
Although the use of microbubbles has become common in ultrasound diagnostics, they are not that often seen in therapeutic applications. This conference focusses on recent advances in the development and application of microbubbles in therapy.
Plenary sessions include the following topics: bubble physics, bubble physical phenomena, bubble engineering and design, in-vitro evaluation, preclinical validations, and clinical studies.
- Pr Michiel Postema, LE STUDIUM / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research Fellow
FROM University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg - ZA
IN RESIDENCE AT Imagerie et Cerveau (Imaging and Brain) - UMR Inserm U930 - University François-Rabelais of Tours - FR
- Dr Ayache Bouakaz
Imagerie et Cerveau (Imaging and Brain) - UMR Inserm U930 - University François-Rabelais of Tours - FR
Thank you for having visited the conference!
The submission portal for our special issue in Applied Acoustics (impact factor 2.3) “Acoustic in therapy” is now open at EVISE APAC. We would like to invite the presenters to submit your proceeding for peer-review to be published in this special issue. Manuscript formats can be found online.
Please note that we do accept theoretical contributions, if ampel reference is made to (historic) experiments for comparison of outcomes.
It is important that authors select the name of the special issue when they upload their manuscripts: “VSI:Acoustic in therapy”, so that your paper is assigned to the correct editor.
The submission deadline is set to 1st December, 2017. Please contact Michiel Postema at email@example.com if you cannot make this deadline, but would like to submit a paper nevertheless.
Microbubbles, ultrasound contrast agents, bubbles clouds, antibubbles, sonoporation, ultrasound-guided drug delivery, microfluidics.
- Pr Alexandre Carpentier, Paris VI Sorbonne University - FR
- Pr Steven Freear, University of Leeds - UK
- Pr Pintong Huang, Zhejiang University School of Medicine - CN
- Pr Eitan Kimmel, Technion - IL
- Dr Spiros Kotopoulis, Haukeland University Hospital - NO
- Pr Nobuki Kudo, Hokkaido University - JP
- Pr Frédéric Patat, University François-Rabelais of Tours - FR
- Pr Albert Poortinga, Eindhoven University of Technology- NL
- Dr Paul Prentice, University of Glasgow, UK
- Dr Annemieke Van Wamel, Norwegian University of Science and Technology - NO
Monday October 23th 2017
08h30 Welcome coffee & registration
Session 1 : Sonochemotherapy
Chairmen : Pr Michiel Postema & Dr Annemieke Van Wamel
09h20 Pr Pintong Huang - Antitumor efficacy of ultrasonic cavitation with a drug loaded microbubbles targeting tumor angiogenesis in a fluorescent human colon cancer mouse model
09h40 Dr Jean-Michel Escoffre - Delivery of cetuximab to colorectal cancer using microbubble-assisted ultrasound
10h00 Dr Diane Bressand - In vitro and in vivo evaluation of delivery of Nab-Paclitaxel in pancreatic
tumors with sonoporation
10h20 Dr Spiros Kotopoulis - Low-intensity sonoporation from lab to patient bedside: What do we know and where do we go from here?
10h40 Coffee break & demo Precision Accoustics
Session 2 : Bubble imaging
Chairmen : Dr Paul Prentice & Pr Steven Wrenn
- 11h20 Pr Steven Freear - Ultrafast Plane-wave Imaging for Nonlinear Detection of Therapeutic Microbubbles
- 11h40 Pr Katrien Vanderperren - Contrast-enhanced ultrasound of the kidneys in hyperthyroid cats
- 12h00 Dr Erik Verboven - Ultrasound based dosimetry for radiotherapy: in-vitro and in-vivo proof of principle
- 12h20 Lunch
Session 3 : Acoustic cluster therapy
Chairmen : Pr Katrien Vanderperren & Pr Steven Freear
- 14h00 Dr Per Sontum - Acoustic Cluster Therapy – A Novel Approach for Ultrasound Mediated Targeted Drug Delivery: Technology Basics and Proof of Concept
- 14h20 Dr Annemieke Van Wamel - Acoustic cluster therapy boosts delivery of drugs in brains and tumors
- 14h40 Dr Paul Prentice - Shocking bubbles: cavitation in focused ultrasound
- 15h00 Pr Nobuki Kudo - High-speed observation system designed for elucidating mechanisms of sonoporation
- 15h20 Coffee break
Session 4 : New insights in therapeutic bubbles
Chairmen : Dr Benoit Larrat & Pr Albert Poortinga
- 16h00 Pr Eitan Kimmel - Acoustics in Medicine in view of the intramembrane cavitation model
- 16h20 Vincent Hingot - Subwavelength far-field ultrasound targeted drug-delivery
- 16h40 Dr Bjoern Gerold - Controlling cavitation in focused ultrasound surgery: efficiency and safety
- 18h30 Public Lecture in French, Pr Frédéric Patat - Détecter, voir et soigner : des ultrasons aux multiples facettes
- 20h00 Social Dinner at Le Mastroquet
Tuesday October 24th 2017
- 08h30 Welcome coffee & registration
Session 5 : Bubbles, antibubbles, droplets
Chairmen : Dr Christine Contino-Pépin & Dr Charles Sennoga
- 09:00 Pr Albert Poortinga - Antibubbles: a new kind of acoustic bubble
- 09:20 Pr Steven Wrenn - Voltage-Activated Ultrasound Contrast Agent for Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
- 09:40 Dr Stéphane Desgranges - Stable formulations of perfluorocarbon droplets for tumor detection and treatment
- 10:00 Dr Sigrid Berg - Nanoparticle-stabilized microbubbles and ultrasound for enhanced drug delivery
- 10:20 Coffee break & demo Precision Accoustics
Session 6 : BBB
Chairmen : Pr Pintong Huang & Dr Jean-Michel Escoffre
- 11:00 Pr Alexandre Carpentier - low intensity pulsed ultrasound (LIPU) to disrupt the blood-brain barrier (BBB) followed by intravenous carboplatin chemotherapy in patients with recurrent brain tumors
- 11:20 Dr Benoit Larrat - MRI guided ultrasound-mediated blood-brain barrier opening in non-human primates using passive cavitation detection feedback control
- 11:40 Dr Barbara Cerroni - Targeting Tumour Brain Vasculature with RGD decorated Microbubbles
- 12:00 Lunch
- 14:00 CMER (Cellule Mutualisée Europe Recherche) Presentation of funding opportunities in the EU Horizon 2020 Framework Programme
- 14:20 Posters session
Session 7 : Bubble dynamics
Chairmen : Pr Nobuki Kudo & Pr Eitan Kimmel
- 15:00 Dr Alexander Doinikov - Dynamics of bubbles in a confined space
- 15:20 Kristoffer Johansen - A comparison of single-bubble and cloud models for non-stable cavitation and the emissions generated
- 15:40 Dr Mounir Tarek - Generation and outcome of reactive oxygen species produced by ultrasound stimulated micro-bubbles: Unraveling a potential mechanism of sonoporation using Molecular Simulations
- 16:00 Dr Claude Inserra - Nonspherical oscillations of gas microbubbles: threshold, dynamics and nonlinearity
- 16:20 Conclusion
|Private institution||250 EUR|
|Public institution||180 EUR|
|Students & PhD Scholars||75 EUR|
|Social dinner||60 EUR|